Hamburg my pearl

February 22, 2014 | |

Hamburg has been my hometown for 2,5 years and I am thankful for every minute of this time I could spend in this beautiful stunning city. Actually it is even the second largest city of Germany, located in the North at the Elbe River. The Port of Hamburg ranks right after the one of Rotterdam in the European top list regarding the amount of transshipments. The metropolis is a magnet attracting students, employers, business men and searchers from all over Germany.
I have known this city as a kind of Island where thousands of people stranded by the tide, washed up from the ocean of life. In my vocational college class I met girls from Magdeburg, Wolfsburg, Coblenz and Berlin. They all came to this place to find work, friends, answers and love.

HafenCity

Most of them found it during the last years - either here in their new environment or while their visits at home. Hamburg is probably the most gorgeous reception camp in Germany.
Unfortunately I only have been there from Monday to Friday as I had a long-distance relationship back in those days. Luckily we are now living together. But sometimes end of the work day I took a walk downtown to the Jungfernstieg Boulevard, the Alster arcades and the hall of city.

Frozen Alster at the Jungfernstieg Boulevard

 Hamburg is the town of Musicals in Germany - at the moment they play King of the Lions and The Phantom of the Opera. I was watching Tarzan but they moved it last year to Stuttgart. It was an amazing show and I am absolutely happy for my investment in these tickets and taking the chance to enjoy this awesome show.

The Port of Hamburg is the heart-piece of the city. The Elbe River is flowing into the North Sea and they load all the good on these freighters right there. Standing at the hill of Blankenese (posh district) and seeing those giants passing by always evokes longing for adventures and wanderlust.
Where do they bring those containers? What is waiting for me behind the horizon?

skyline of Hamburg

Maybe that is the reason why most newcomers do not stay forever in this city but just a few years. After studies or an apprenticeship they do return home or go on. But with so many beautiful new impressions and awesome people in their hearts.
Around Christmas time Hamburg is even more lovely with all the decorations. Everything sparkles, glitters, shines and glows and makes shopping presents more pleasant.
In the middle of the Alster they put an illuminated fir - that is always the start for Christmas time.

1 comment:

  1. I will be solo traveling Europe this July here! I am very much looking forward to it, especially after your post! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment.

 
Design by Tenzi, Decemberblog