Usually I am not a partygirl anymore. I lost my excitement for the nightlife a few years ago when I just realized that everything repeats and becomes one big monotony. Same people, same music, same venues, same drinks, same hangover. But I make exceptions for events involving dressing up properly for theme parties like Halloween and Oktoberfest. This year in Bangkok it happens that both of them were on the same weekend.
For Halloween I didn`t really have anything at home that can be considered as a real costume so I improvised with what I had and made something inspired by the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland (one of my all-time favorite disney movies!).
![]() |
| Queen of Hearts (or something) |
![]() | |
| Gals! |
I had a fantastic Girls Night Out with these lovelies. Isn`t Simas skull face just awesome? So much effort for this night! She just stole us the show and rocked it! There were some Halloween parties all over Bangkok but we decided to stay in just one place, the GLOW Nightclub close to Soi Cowboy around the Asok junction. It`s a very intimate electro-music dance club visited mostly by expats and foreigners.
After recovering from the worst hangover in history I got myself ready for the next exciting thing on the agenda: Oktoberfest. I presented you myself in the Dirndl dress already in a post before but now it was time to show the world what we Germans are made of. We all wondered why the Oktoberfest took place here so late after the original but anyhow .. it was a blast!
![]() |
| Prosit! |
![]() |
| Pretzels, beer, sausages. |
Drinking beer in Maß aka the 1000 ml beer jugs, dancing on the benches, eating hearty meals and singing German hits together? It couldn`t get any better. Somehow I forgot how loud my fellow countrymen are. Loud and messy. Beer was all over the place, the benches were full of dirt from our shoes and we had to shout at each other to understand a word. The highlight of the evening were the competitions in eating and drinking. A Maß in one go for the men and a whole half-meter sausage for the women. Disguisting and a whole lof of fun at the same time.
![]() |
| Germans, Australians and English in one picture. |
![]() |
By the way it was the first time I ever heard Helene Fischers famous song in Bangkok live from a band. Even after the third or fourth time (who cares after 3 Maß?) we were singing it with all our hearts. Please excuse the poor quality of the pictures, they were just all snapshots from our smartphones. We all had lots of fun though.
If you are in Bangkok craving for German food I would highly recommend you the restaurant at which we celebrated. Even there are some other places, this one is my favorite. It is in the heart of Bangkok cherishing the German food culture with a delicious authentic menu plus they have a shop with imported goods.
Where? Bei Otto, Sukhumvit Soi 20
BTS: Asok
Web: http://www.beiotto.com/de/
It is Monday again, so back to normal. I hope you all had a great weekend too.
xoxo









The lips!! They are so cute! What a clever idea. I've seen other Queen of Heart costumes before but your lips totally make this one.
ReplyDeleteV
Life+1
Thanks for reading V! I have seen so many amazing Queen of Heart costumes that night I could definitely not compete with. But at least one could guess what I wanted to present thanks to my lips.
Deletexxx
Süß siehst du aus : ) Muss ja surreal sein, so etwas typisch deutsches in Bangkok zu erleben :D Aber schön, dass du deine Zeit genießt!
ReplyDeleteDanke! :) Haha, ja ein bisschen verrückt ist es schon. xxx
DeleteI can't believe they had a sausage eating contest for the girls! After all that beer I think I would die of explosion lol. You are so lucky to have been able to celebrate Oktoberfest AND Halloween, that's a win win :) glad you had fun!
ReplyDeleteHey Danielle, thanks for reading. Yes, the sausage eating contest was tough. Gladly I didn`t participate but one of the girls who was with us. Hats off! :D
Delete