I was tagged for the first time in my life for a challenge! Thank you love,
Anna, sending you warm greetings from Bangkok to England. It is about one of my favourite things in the world, so I am keen for partaking: Food. Choose your Top 5 Favourite Food Destinations and share them on your blog. The difficulty for me was that I haven`t tried so many cuisines in the original country. I haven`t been to that many countries in general but I have been through my memories and picture archive and found some delicious bits I would like to share with you. So here we go, these are my top food places:
THAILAND
Of course I have to mention my home-away-from-home. The Thai kitchen is simply a-ma-zing! And I never get tired of it. I could always go for a noodle soup for lunch and have a
Tom Kha Gai in the evening. It is so yummy! I already blogged about my slight obsession with this cuisine
here. My all-time favourite dishes are
Pad Seew (no idea if this is the right way to spell) and noodle soups in all varieties! Besides I just discovered Dragon fruits for myself. They taste so fresh and have the perfect sweetness, not too much but enough to give you an energy kick in the morning. When we are talking about sweetness, thank you not thank you Thailand for having Mr. Jones cakes. Now I am addicted. Why are kind of these things invented after all? So bad for your health but so good for you happiness.
 |
| noodle soup in my school canteen |
 |
Dragonfruit
| |
 |
| Mr. Jones orphanage cakes straight from heaven (or hell) |
GERMANY
I know nobody predicted I would take this on my list. No really, I don`t like German food that much except for pretzels and breakfast which I already mentioned a million times. But I can tell you that the International cuisine in Germany is awesome. If you know the right places to go to, you can have an Italian, Spanish, American or Greek feast with your loves. I am from the North and explored a lot food places around Hamburg and Bremen and still crave for the
El Mundo when I look at these pictures. That is where I have to go back to everytime I am home. They don`t just have the most beautiful huge chandeliers I have ever seen but also food to die for.
 |
| These chandeliers! |
 |
| Flos meat dish |
 |
| Best curry in whole Germany or well, maybe in the World. |
 |
| You never manage to finish it off |
 |
| My kind of foodporn |
GREECE
The first country I travelled to with my love back in 2012. I fell head over heels in love with this place at the Aegean Sea. Warm sun, the Greeks are so hospitable and friendly and the food was oh-my-yum. Seafood, salads, olives, stuffed grape leafs... my mouth is watering when I am just writing this.
 |
| Fresh Greek salad |
 |
| Typical Greek tavern |
 |
| Market in Kos Town |
 |
| Greek seafood feast |
FRANCE
The next cuisine I adore is the French. Once a year I used to visit my aunt in Southern Germany. She lives in a town very close to the French and Swiss border. Therefore we often travelled to France just for some exploring. I am a real Francophile! This is a place I would love to settle down after my retirement. I didn`t go to so many restaurants there yet but why should I when I have an aunt who is the world`s best cook? She can cook a French three-course menu hands down. So my culinary memories are more connected with these wonderful hours of preparation in her kitchen and savouring the results on her terrace. Bon appétit!
 |
| Shrimps with homemade mayonnaise |
 |
| Muscat, baguette, cheese. Do it like the French do! |
ITALY
Okay, well... this favourite food destination does not really count because I have not been there yet. I love the Italian food in other countries. You can`t go wrong with pizza, pasta, anti-pasti and washing it down with a good wine. It is (like every other country, haha) high on my bucket list. I hope you enjoyed my Top 5 and thank you again Anna for tagging me! You find my nominees at the very end of this post. Plus I highly recommend you to check out their amazing blogs too. Take care!
My nominées for the Top 5 Food Destinations challenge:
OMG! All die Bilder machen echt richtig hungrig. Zum Glück ist mein Abendessen bald fertig :))
ReplyDeletewww.thefashionfraction.com
Haha, danke Michèle :) Guten Hunger!
Delete