Normally I never talk about a certain product when it comes to travelling but this time I have to recommend a hotel which just blew me away last December: the River Kwai Resotel Resort. It is located in the Province of Kanchanaburi very remote from civilization. When you are flexible with an own car or you just want to be cut off from the world for a few days it is the perfect place to stay.
Nestled between the two Nationalparks Sai Yok and Erawan with direct access to the river it comes with thatch roof huts to sleep in. The region is already pretty hilly and in December the temperature at night was actually really cold. The first time ever I freezed in Thailand and of course we were not prepared for 15 degrees and fog in the nighttime and early mornings.
| Club House |
The Club House for breakfast and dining was out of this world with hanging vines all over the place and the sun rays breaking through. We went exploring the surrounding and were not disappointed: an amazing lush garden, a mystical cave, a traditional mon tribe village and floating houses on the river.
| Floating houses and starting point for boats on the River |
| Lawa Cave |
| Swing away with me to this beautiful place! |
I remember one story very clearly about this place. We went up the steep stairs to the Cave and there was this girl with a torch waiting for us. She was a guide for the cave in front of us. I am already used to this kind of child labor here and tell myself that there are worse jobs to do and that it is not that bad to give light to tourists in the dark. When she saw me her eyes widened and she always said "Suay suay suay" (beautiful), then touched my skin and said "Baaaarbie" - which we just found out after a few minutes because it sounded rather like Babbiee. I do not know why but she was so amazed by my appearance but she beamed with her lovely smile at me during the whole tour. This prompt direct friendliness is always overwhelming.
| Sweaty after the moggy walk through the cave |
| Lush gardens |
In the evening we went to the Moon dance show at the Hotel - a traditional Thai singing and dancing show which has it roots in Myanmar.
So this place offers everything a traveller can ask for. Entertainment, natural paradise, beautiful sceneries, serenity and a lot to explore. It has been amazing. I will definitely come back to you, beautiful wonderful Kanchanaburi.

Ui da schauts ja wirklich schön aus!
ReplyDeleteHey du Liebe :) Ja, Kanchanaburi ist wirklich ein traumhaftes Plätzchen in Thailand!
DeleteOh my god Sonja, heaven. Absolutely heavenly. Your post totally transported me there. I love reading travel posts that really take me to a new place and it really feels like I'm there with you. I would love to visit the River Kwai.
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend.
V
Life+1