Hua Hin activities

July 18, 2014 | |

Hi lovelies, I am right now in the thick of chaos that comes with every new life chapter. My study program started last week thursday with the orientation day. A seniorman told me that the first week of school is always this chaotic but I am so German at heart. I need a straight proper plan and when I have too many options to choose between like the felt 1000 classes on the study plan, I am always afraid of missing something out. Let things settle down and see how it is in 2-3 weeks. This post should not gonna be about my study, it is too early yet. When things sorted out and my schedule is fixed, I blog a few thoughts about my study life abroad.
I still owe you the second part of our Hua Hin stay. For everyone who is living in Bangkok, it is a perfect beach getaway for two days. It takes you 2 hours to get there and there is plenty to do. Not only hanging around lazy at the pool and beach (although that is a good idea too).



These were our 4 highlights during our stay in Hua Hin. They can be easily done in one day. Our hotel was 500 metres away from the Takiap Hill with its Golden Budda. We walked it up in the evening so it already was dark. However we had a great view from there over the beachside. There are a few restaurants up there so that sugars the pill of climbing up the stairs to the top.

Takiap hill
The railway station of Hua Hin is supposed to be the "most beautiful" railway station throughout Thailand. I guess that is not too difficult because there are not too many and the others are just rundown. We arrived, looked at the building and chuckled. This is so Thailand. The station itself was nothing special but I liked the idea of local people and bagpackers together waiting for the train to bring them closer to their home or further away from it.

Hua Hin railway station




Now I have a question for all of you. Do you see the bird up there in the corner between the windows? Please tell me, how the hell did this chubby chicken got up there? I hardly believe that it was by flying. Its wings are simply too short. Anatomically impossible.

What melted my heart much more than the visit at the station was the bookstore nearby. I love reading and even if I have an ebook now, I cannot resist the temptations of librarys and bookstores, especially second-hand. It is so exciting browsing the shelves for a good page-turner.



We hopped on our car (its name is Hondi, by the way) and went on to the Hua Hin floating market. This place really stole my heart. I know it is not like a traditional Thai floating maket on water where woman with hats in tiny wooden boats sell fruits and cook Thai meals but I loved it anyway. Shopping souvenirs, t-shirts, jewelry, soap and shoes for reasonable prices! Wooden houses built around a small lake with swans and boats on the water.





Selftimer, what a great invention!
We were happy to be there when a show took place at a plank right in middle of the surrounded lake. I enjoy Thai dance shows like these a lot. They are so different to our understanding of entertainment. The colorful dresses, golden hats, shoes, traditional music and the golden long things on their finger tips. 

Thai dance show

swan
 Still delighted about this place like a kid in a candy store, we went on to the Art village of Hua Hin. I did not even know that this kind of scene existed somewhere in Thailand but there seems to be a real art scene with great painters, artists and performers. They were showing their work in a little lovely "village" to visitors, sitting in their ateliers and paint their next masterpiece. Plus they had a lot of second-hand clothings and the best banana smoothie worldwide. 

translated: One banana-smoothie, please!



Ateliers flooded with light!

Happy me with a yummy banana smoothie!
How do we always find these hidden gems? We just go by all the signposts next to the street. This is how we found the floating market and the art village. Just drift in the beauty of your surrounding, be attentive and it will all come to you. 

Have a wonderful morning, afternoon, evening, day, week, month, year and life everyone out there who has read this little piece of me! Let me know what you think of Hua Hin. Would you like to go or have you already been there? I love to hear your opinion.

Mona Sonja

2 comments:

  1. Hua Hin is lovely! One of my favorite places. But I love Cha-am beaches more. Cleaner and less touristy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nengneng :) Oh, I haven`t been to Cha-am yet. Need to go there and check out!

      Delete

I appreciate every comment.

 
Design by Tenzi, Decemberblog