Do you recognize that we are already in the second half of 2014? The difference to a regular soccer game is the missing break in between for taking a deep breath and looking back at what you have experienced in the first half. So that is why I am listing my year so far for you and also for me to summarize and memorize. It has been a year full of changes, goodbyes, hellos, opportunities, travels and choices. How appropiate to the soccer world cup in Brazil, huh? Everybody supporting our German boys? I hope so. Even though the games are in the middle of the night due to time difference, we try our best to keep up with everything. They will bring the championship home, I firmly believe.
Beginning of January I was flying home from Bangkok to Hamburg because I have visited Flo over Christmas and New Year. My finals for my apprenticeship were waiting for me.
I passed well and had two weeks off afterwards for meeting up one last time with everyone I know for so long. Germany was merciless to me with a heavy ice-cold winter and lots of snow. This made my goodbye a bit easier. In fact I was going out, spend time with my family, jogged through sparkling snow and breathed in the fresh air, always looking forward to the heat and my beloved.
In February I finally could hold my prince in my arms and as quick as I arrived, he was flying away from me again. For business in the direction of Australia. The first weeks in Bangkok I was on my own, walking the streets fearless and exploring food, massages, Chinatown and found already so many reasons why I love this country. Fortunately I found a translation job for a few weeks but only for helping out. Oh, and I was starting my little blog these days. Yes, I am still glad I did that step. Going public with writing. It still makes me getting excited when I put things online and probably always will.
End of February I followed Flo and we met at the airport of Melbourne. If someone would have told me 1 year ago that I was going to see down under in March 2014, I would have laughed and said "no way". But it happened. 12 days on the road with my best travel mate. It was beyond amazing though we had bad luck with the weather. We visited Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide. Whole Southern Australia in 12 days is tough but we did it. Back in Bangkok I looked up different universities for an International study program. I do not hold a university degree yet and unfortunately this little piece of paper is the invitation to a career. My choice was the Stamford International University and so I had something looking forward to, a new challenge and the next step in my life.
April started with my visa run to the Cambodian boarder. This was necessary because I had a gap between my tourist visa running out and my education visa to begin. A much better getaway indeed was our week in Khao Yai Nationalpark. Over Songkran we left Bangkok and went hiking and glamping in the humid forest. I have always itchy feet, did I mention that?
In May we had a friend here in Bangkok who is our neighbour back in Germany. We showed him a bit of our new residence town. Plus we planned our first "home visit" as a surprise for a friends (Flos best mate) birthday party. We kept it secret until we walked in the party. We had a blast! 10 days with barbecue, family time, walking in the forest, having German breakfast (ace!!!) and talking with the girls. In May Flo was already 8 months abroad, me 4. So for him it was another story.
Honestly, in June we did not do too much.We came back from Germany on the 3rd and the Worldcup started. I try to watch all the German games for sure. One time it was 1 am. I celebrated my 21st birthday with Flo and wrote a guest post for fabulous Bangkok Girl Anna. Thank you! Thus I met new people living in Bangkok coming from all over the world. Even a girl with my surname who was in the same company back in Germany. Crazy story!
This was my 2014 so far. I am looking forward to everything Bangkok has in store for me! 10th of july my university orientation week starts. I am excited!








No comments:
Post a Comment
I appreciate every comment.