One week ago this time my mouth was watering while waiting for a real great experience in Bangkok: a 4 hour walk through the Bangrak district of Bangkok combined with delicious dainties along the way. I was super excited because well, I love food and this city. The combo? Unbeatable.
Tours with Taste of Thailand can be booked -here-. I recommend you to come without having breakfast before, there will be more than enough to eat the next hours, I promise.
Tours with Taste of Thailand can be booked -here-. I recommend you to come without having breakfast before, there will be more than enough to eat the next hours, I promise.
The starting point is the BTS station Saphan Taksin.There we met with our lovely tour guide plus a photographer. The group consisted only of 7 people, therefore the atmosphere was familiar right from the beginning.
If you visit Bangkok for only a few days/weeks and you want to have an overview about the amazing Thai cuisine, this is the right thing for you. For only 35 USD you get tons of education about Bangkok, the district of love "Bangrak" and Thai food preparation and cooking. At the end of the day you are happy and your tummy is filled with nom noms, I ensure you.
| Agony of choice |
Though I live now since 6 months here, my knowledge extended so much during these 4 hours. Here is a list of the things I learned on this tour:
- Where Bangrak is and why it is called the Village of Love.
- How mangosteens, custard apples and tamarinde taste like.
- What it means to "pick a flower" and "shoot a rabbit".
- Which fish is used to make the famous fish cakes.
- How the process is to prepare the Thai curry paste.
- What Chinese tea can do for your healthiness.
- That there is a lemongrass salad which is really delicious.
| Fish cake anyone? |
| Thai desserts |
| colorful curry pastes |
I felt very comfortable during all the time. The organizers really take care of every participant.
Besides that they provide you all the photos that were taken on the tour via email. At the end we were asked for honest feedback and to mention our highlight.
That was easy, mine was definitely the visit on the fruit market. Do not get me wrong, I eat fruits all the time here in Bangkok. But I always stick to the ones I know. Man is a creature of habit. In my fridge you find mangoes, watermelons, apples, bananas, papayas and pomegranates. I never dared trying any of the unknown ones because I did not know how to prepare them. So I always passed by. What I missed! Taste of Thailand takes you by the hand and gives you the confidence to try out.
| refreshing tea |
The tours happen from Wednesday to Sunday 10-2 pm. Hopefully I could give you an idea of how wonderful and amazing this experience has been for me (and I can talk for the whole group, I guess). So go and sink your teesh into the delicious bites of Thai cuisine!
| green curry |
Thank you everyone from Taste of Thailand to share this gorgeous view into Thai culture with us!

Amazing! I loved this tour it is a must do for anyone traveling to Thailand!
ReplyDeleteYes lovely, I am totally with you :)
DeleteI loved this tour too! great photos :)
ReplyDeleteThank you Elise! When they release the new one, we should go together :)
Delete