Hua Hin arrival

June 24, 2014 | |

When you move abroad and live there for a limited time, you take every chance to have a little getaway and explore your new surrounding. Last year december we discovered Hua Hin, a beach resort 2 hours from Bangkok (somehow we always end up 2 hours from our city). Hua Hin is the summer residence for the Thai Kings` family and thus popular among the locals.




The sea is rough and tidal at the Gulf of Thailand. It reminded me of the Baltic Sea at Germany`s Northern shore. Wind blew in our faces cold and salty. We strolled along the beach for hours from one end to the other. Therefore this place is perfect - and for picknicks, riding horses and flying kites. But less for bathing, swimming and tanning. This is what you should keep in mind when going there. Paradise white sandy beaches are more Southern and on the islands. Though Hua Hin is beautiful and definitely worth a visit.

Our hotel was one of the smaller ones but so intimate and cozy with direct access to the beach. We stayed for 2 nights during Christmas last year. By the way, later I found out that this is the only accommodation in this part of Hua Hin where you are allowed to bring your dog. Maybe interesting if you have one. Seen from the seaside the building looks like a yacht, doesn`t it?

Nern Chalet Beachfront Hotel
Pool from the hotel


The first day we arrived in the evening and dusk was approaching. Florian wanted to try a new photo skill he had read about in the internet. Just look. Too beautiful! And they were not edited after taking. Shhh.. probably most of photo geeks know how to do it.

My talented man!

skyline in the background

Christmas is not a regular holiday in Thailand but they always do a bit of decorations for us tourists. Also this corner of Thailand was not missed out. A christmas tree in the warmth, always a weird look and at the same time a friendly gesture of hospitality.


All along the sea they have fantastic restaurants with a view and awesome seafood. Guess where all that comes from.. we saw fisherman fishing in a traditional manner with selfmade tools. Later we probably had exactly these on our tables ready to eat. "Fresh seafood" for real.

fisherman
waiting for dinner 

From our hotel we had the seaview and could hear the sound of breaking waves and the sea. It was peaceful, relaxing and calming down. The next morning we woke up to the rising sun above the water.  This is only the introduction for my Hua Hin stay experience. Next time I tell you what to do in this lovely beach resort. There is a lot. That is why I divide it in two parts. Otherwise you get buried with photos. Ah, but we have wonderful ones and I love sharing it with you. For inspiration, dreaming and maybe even planning your next trip.


4 comments:

  1. Anonymous6/24/2014

    I love small hotels! This one looks extra cute. Smaller is better as far as I'm concerned. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely. I love the familiar atmosphere.

      Delete
  2. I love your travel blog! I enjoyed reading about your traveling adventures and I am following you to keep up on your blog :) My husband and I are about to embark on our own travels in Europe for 3-4 months and would love fellow travelers follow us and give us advice along the way! Our blog is www.RussosAbroad.com. We may even stop in Germany- do you have recommendations for where to go?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tiffany, great to have you here on my blog! Thanks for taking the time. I will come back to check yours asap. Germany is worth a visit, I write you tips as a comment on your page.

      Delete

I appreciate every comment.

 
Design by Tenzi, Decemberblog