Großstadtdschungel. Asphaltwüste. Betonmeer.
Es klebt und tropft. Diese Hitze.
Die Stadt hat Fieber. Zähes Blut. Durst.
Lächelnde Menschen. Smartphones.
Die Eiskälte der Bahn. Luft. Endlich!
Auf der Straße dampft, zischt und brodelt es.
40 Baht, 20 Baht. Hühnchen, Wassermelone, Sticky Rice.
Warteschlangen. Über allem das Kabelwirrwarr.
Das Kind auf dem Arm, die Großmutter auf dem Stuhl.
Big Mango, der süße Geruch von Frangipani.
Motorsai fliegen durch die Betonschluchten.
Verkehrschoreographie
1-2 Taxi links,
3-4 Fußgänger überquert,
5-6 Motorbike geradeaus,
7-8 Bus hinterher.
Ein Tanz der Motoren. Hupen und Knattern sind die Musik.
Über allem schwebt die Himmelbahn - anmutig.
Geordnetes Chaos. Geliebte Stadt.

Hallo, Sonja! My name is Kathy and I'm an American student who a few days ago began a two-month internship in Bangkok, through Kasetsart Uni. I came across your blog by searching for Bangkok blogs, hoping to get an idea of what people in Bangkok like to blog about and where they like to explore. I wanted to tell you that I truly loved reading through your posts! I've always wanted to be an expat and am getting plenty of inspiration from bloggers like yourself... so maybe one day I will finally do that. :-) Please keep writing -- these will be such fond memories to look back on years from now.
ReplyDelete