Koh Larn

August 20, 2014 | |


Koh Lan or Koh Larn - not really sure about the right wording like usually here in Thailand - is a small island offshore Pattaya. With the ferry it takes 30-40 minutes to get there from the main pier and it runs every hour. For 30 THB one gets a bumpy ride through the sea. On the way back we got sea sick pills in the local pharmacy, took it half an hour before we got on the boat again and were doing well. But the outbound trip was awful.

How do you like my new dress for only 400 THB from Pattaya Night Market?
The island is perfect for a beachbum day. After arriving at the pier, we went across the island with a motorbike taxi to the main beach. First time we sat both - Florian, me and the driver - on one scooter. Adventurous!

The coke arrives! Most important thing on an island.
Koh Lan offers a wide range of watersports. However it is crowded. And by crowded I mean the Asian definition of this word like you can spot in the pictures.



Our main activity this day was laying in those sunbeds. It is so convenient, you can even order food and they bring it to you. This is what I call service here.

banana boat fun

jet ski
Have one of you ever tried the jet ski? Somehow we never have the courage to do so or think it is not worth the money. But it looks so much fun!

Reading my ebook, being in my own world far away from the crowded beach.
Heading back to Pattaya.
Koh Lan is absolutely worth a visit when in Pattaya. One day is totally enough to explore the island. There are some other beaches which are not so overcrowded - that is at least what I heard. But then one also misses browsing the neat shops and restaurants. The seashells are simply amazing and I wanted to take them all home but then I reminded myself that they are just dust catchers. They just look that beautiful at the beach.




1 comment:

I appreciate every comment.

 
Design by Tenzi, Decemberblog