We have been to our homecountry Germany for 10 days. It was a spontaneous trip as a big surprise for a friends` birthday party. When you lived abroad for a while and you come back home you observe the country you spend your whole life in totally different. What was boring and taken for granted before you left is now notably and exciting. I am tired of comparing two countries against each other and always weigh the pros and cons. It is beautiful living in both of them. I appreciate every minute here (we are back in Bangkok) as well as I do in good old Germany. I really try to live in the moment and not in the future. Is that too cheesy?
.JPG) |
| nature in German forest |
Though it was not pleasant all the time, the weather kept friendly with us and gave us warm days and chilly nights. As Bangkok is a bubbling cauldron currently - certainly just regarding the heat, this enjoyable warmth ranging from 20 to 25 degrees was a nice rest for our skin, blood circulation and mental state. But we should keep in mind that this is already the beginning of summer in Germany and that from October until March it is dark, cold, rainy, cloudy and even snow and ice. Of course we also had two days full of tons of water pouring down and the temperature decreased immediately. That was when we remembered the long never-ending autumn and winter times.
 |
| wheat |
These pictures were taken during our walk in the forest with family. Suddenly our eyes recognized every detail of German landscape. Perhaps this is what we learned from travelling in the last 6 months.. in Thailand we always stop and just look. Probably we adapt this habit to every place we go now, no matter if we know it by heart or not.
.JPG) |
| What people do for instagram... it is rude! Put your phone down, Sonja. |
I will write another post about our visit (some fun at the zoo among some other things) when I have all pictures from my visit together but until then I keep it with these from our beautiful forest walk.
.JPG) |
| reflection in a puddle |
.JPG) |
| Running dog |
.JPG) |
| The birds and the bees |
Beautiful photos! That's the good thing about being in colder countries; the picture lighting is so good!
ReplyDeleteYes, that is one of the advantages, Elise. Guess you can relate to your home country Canada a bit. Though the climate is not the same like in mid Europe.
Delete