Wanderlust

May 21, 2014 | |

I resumed some of my favourite travel quotes for you in pictures with short explanations. Enjoy!




  • Wanderlust - my number onehashtag searched on instagram daily and probably most favourite word in the world and it is GERMAN! There seem to be no equivalent in English so they use this old Middle High German expression. In Germany it is actually less common, they say often "Fernweh" instead, in English "farsickness". But it cannot even approach the beauty and simpleness of Wanderlust.


  • Unfortunately I do not know Mr. Sattler personally but he must be brilliant. Such an inspiring and true quote. I could not have said it in a better way. This is exactly my attitude. Unfortunately money is necessary in our today`s time. Why don`t we go back to barter? My shells for your banana. Ah, it would be ace. If you want to travel often, you need at least a little amount of money and save it in other fields like furniture, clothing and lifestyle products, it is as simple as that.


  • Another wise saying. I know people who say that Thailand/Bangkok is awful. Horrible. Smelly, hot as hell, noisy and full of crab. When I walk the lively streets of this metropolis I see families, women with hopes and dreams, friendliness, delicious food and so much love everywhere. It is all about perspective.


  • Sometimes I take a moment. Take a deep breath and have to remind me of that. In the first months of this year I found myself jobless and therefore often felt worthless. I had the opportunity to give my life a new direction. Do I want to stay in my learned job forever? What are my goals in life? What do I want to accomplish? I have rearranged my thoughts and life in those days and I found this little mantra on the internet. It helped me through a tough time of change.


  • Girls normally collect nail polish, cosmetics, jewelry and shoes. I also hold these things but in a manageable dimension. It does not give me a feeling of satisfaction like it does to others probably. A new lipstick occupies me for 10 minutes, then I am through with it. When an event takes place, I search for it.. or not. Moments I have shared with Florian on our travels in the last four month (and before but these last were intensive) are so so so precious. Much more than any pair of new shoes.  


  • Yes. If I want a career I have to go study. If I want to be known as a writer I have to publish. If I want new cool friends I have to approach somebody. The only one who stands in your way is you. Everyone is afraid. I have fears of failure. Why not put these negative thoughts aside and do whatever the fuck you want to do. Deal? 


  • I do not judge people who feel safe and comfy at home and do not leave their apartment and hometown. I know lots of them and I do not have the right to judge them. I accept and tolerate it however deep down inside I feel a bit pity for stay-at-homes. Sometimes it is just their anxiety of the unknown and insecurity which keeps them inside. They cannot overcome theirself. I do not wish my worst enemy an angst-burdened life. Travel is never a matter of money but of courage.

Thank you for reading - whoever out there. I do really appreciate it and I would be the happiest girl in the world if you would leave a comment. Otherwise I only see a number of visitors and do not know who you are. Show me your beautiful face. 

See you!


3 comments:

  1. I love this post! I can identify with so much of what you said. I am putting all my belongings in storage and selling the others to go travel. I could care less about material items, visiting places i have never been to being around people who live in a different way than me is what excites me. xo From a fellow Wanderlust! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi J,
      thanks for your comment, I also do honestly believe that more people should try out this attitude.
      We are going easy on resources as well and helping the environment.
      To have or to be?
      Cheers

      Delete
  2. Hi Sonja,

    Thanks so much for your sweet comment on our blog. So glad I came to check yours out and to find out that you're another couple who decided to take the plunge and move to Bangkok! I love all these quotes and your thoughts on them, so nice to see other people who share the same mentality. Your photos are so lovely and I love how you designed the quotes and the layout of your page. It would be great to meet up in Bangkok sometime!

    xxx Amanda
    thetravallure.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment.

 
Design by Tenzi, Decemberblog